Extended Webinar Training: “Motivational Interviewing: Changing the Employee Engagement Conversation”
July 16, 2020 @ 9:00 am – 11:00 am
Originally scheduled as a half-day forum, this event will now take place as a two-hour virtual event. If you previously registered, you are still on our registration list.
We had so much positive feedback about our motivational interviewing in our 2019 Wellness Forum that we decided to listen to your requests and bring Rebecca Lang back! Learn the tactics and benefits of motivational interviewing and how you can use it to unlock employee engagement in this extended event!
Our words matter: what we say out loud and what we say to ourselves. Our words effect our mindset, and how shifting our thoughts and actions around the words we use can transform our work and our life.
Motivational interviewing (MI) is an evidence-based communication style with a strength based approach exploring the possibility of change. In this Forum, we will examine the impact of a strength based approach to our work, our interactions with others and with ourselves.
Participants will come away from this Forum with specific examples that can be implemented and approaches taken that can impact their relationships within organizations and in their own personal life.
Participants will learn:
- How the principles of motivational interviewing and positive psychology impact health, wellbeing and performance outcomes at our workplace and in our lives.
- How we see the world and ourselves: strength based or deficit driven impacts our achievements, wellbeing and happiness.
- How to begin conversations, meetings, and greetings using a strength based approach.
- How to prepare ourselves to move beyond hearing to actually listening.
- How to respond to individuals who are stuck and not ready to make changes or hear what is needed to be said.
- How to give information in a more effective manner.
- The power of praise and how to be a praise provider.
- Real life examples of workplaces that have implemented a strength based approach and apply to individual organizations.
- Ways we can reprogram our brain which can enhance work performance and personal wellbeing.